Spread the word – bring your friends and co-workers! Walking on Wednesdays (W.O.W.) is back this spring. This great, mid-day break walk will get you back to work refreshed and ready to tackle the afternoon.
Join us at the RPCI Kaminski Park every Wednesday on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. Walks are wp-contentroximately 1.5 miles. All walks begin at 12:10 p.m. and end at 12:40 p.m. Be sure to dress for the weather as walks take place whether it rains or shines, except if there is lightning.
Stop by the RPCI Farmer’s Market beginning June 5 – October 2, every Wednesday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. before or after each walk to get some fresh vegetables, fruits, jams, baked goods and more.
For your comfort and safety, please remember:
- Wear proper, comfortable footwear
- Watch for eye-level bushes and trees
- Watch for broken concrete, potholes and uneven surfaces
- Obey all traffic signs and signals
- Alert walk leaders and other walkers of unsafe conditions
- Walk leaders have cell phones and should be notified of any incidents so they can summon help if necessary
- Sun protection: sun block, (should be wp-contentlied a half hour before exposure) sunglasses, wide-brimmed hat
- Adequate hydration before, after and during the walk.
- Have fun!