GOBNMC 101: So Many Ways to Get to Work on the Medical Campus!
For people who work on the Medical Campus, there are plenty of ways to commute to work that are healthy, have less impact on the environment, and save you money!
The BNMC team coordinates the planning, development, and management of a multi-modal transportation system that provides safe and efficient access to the Campus, strives toward world-class customer service, enhances transportation options for the overall community, and supports an urban, walkable environment.
What does that mean to you, someone who is just trying to get to work, you ask?
Essentially it means that we want to create a healthier community while ensuring easy access for patients, employees & visitors to destinations on the Medical Campus. To do that, we work with many partners to continue to grow and improve the many transportation and commuting options. Sign up for any of our transportation programs at GoBNMC.org to discover your options and savings!
Commuting Options & GoBNMC Perks:
- Public Transit: The newly renovated Allen Street/Medical Campus Subway station is located right on Campus inside the new Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. The NFTA has also extended bus routes from the Southtowns to the Medical Campus with pick-up and drop-off locations at Carlton and Ellicott streets. Ask your employer about the BNMC corporate subsidy of at least $20 for monthly metro passes and pre-tax savings for transit to make it even more economical.
- Carpool: If driving with one or more colleagues, you can take advantage of preferred parking spaces and a carpooling pass that allows you to split the cost of parking with up to four people. Pre-tax payroll deductions may make this even cheaper.
- Bike: We more than doubled the number of bike racks across the Medical Campus in 2018 and we have secure bike storage with 24/7 member-only access at the corner of Ellicott and Virginia and soon to be open in the new garage at 854 Ellicott. Once the weather breaks (for good!) the Reddy Bike team will get the bike share program back in action. Stay tuned for the free annual membership code (available to everyone who works on the Medical Campus).
- Need a ride after getting to the Medical Campus without a car? Take advantage of the Zipcar Carshare program to use a vehicle for a flat rate (includes gas & insurance). Free membership and discounted rates are available for Medical Campus employees. We also offer Guaranteed Rides Home through Lyft if something unexpected comes up and you need to be there quickly!
- Walk: Enjoy the scenery and the health benefits by getting to Campus on your own two feet!