Five things to know for BNMC’s Student Open House!
- Pre-Register: If you haven’t yet registered your entire group, please do so now at bnmc.org/april21.
- Be prompt: There are 8 stops on the tour and you won’t get to all of them. Registration opens at 9am – arrive at the Innovation Center at 640 Ellicott then and move quickly to make sure you can get to as many places as possible.
- Be prepared: All the stops are listed here. Review ahead of time so you know where you want to go. If one stop is too crowded, consider going to another one and coming back so you don’t waste too much time.
- Ask questions: It takes more than 100 volunteers altogether to make this day a success. We all love to talk about what we do. Please ask questions! Ask what we were interested in at your age, where we went to school, how much training we needed. Ask about the hours we work and what our favorite (and least favorite!) parts of our jobs are.
- Dress appropriately: This is a self-guided walking tour, traveling outdoors from location to location. While we hope it’s 75 degrees and sunny, we know that may not be the case. Dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes. You will definitely get your steps in for the day.