There’s no shortage of things hwp-contentening on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus today – from cranes hard at work on Conventus and Roswell Park to improved streetscapes and a new co-working space – everywhere you look something is hwp-contentening on the 6.5 million square feet of existing clinical, research, and support space. There is currently two million square feet under or soon-to-be under construction on the Campus, equaling an investment of more than $750 million in private and public funding. View the BNMC Map.
Here’s a look at past construction and what’s to come:
Past Construction from 2005-2013
- Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute – opened in 2005
- NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences – opened in 2006
- Roswell Park’s Center for Genetics & Pharmacology –opened in 2006
- Thomas R. Beecher, Jr. Innovation Center –(Trico 4-Story Renovation) – opened in 2010
- UB Gateway (Former M. Wile Renovation) – opened 2011
- HighPointe – opened in December 2011
- Gates Vascular Institute/ UB Clinical and Translational Research Center – opened in 2012
- The Jacobs Institute – opened in October 2012
- The MiGo (North End Parking Ramp ) – completed in March 2012
- Bioswale along Goodell Street between No. Oak & Ellicott – completed April 2013
- Bike Storage Facility at Ellicott & Virginia – completed Spring 2013
- UB’s Educational Opportunity Center – opened in June 2013
- Ellicott Street Linear Park – completed Phase I completed Fall 2012, Phase II completed Winter 2013
- dig Buffalo – a new co-working space that will be located inside the Thomas R. Beecher, Jr. Innovation Center,opended March 24, 2014
- Green Commons – located at 927 -937 Washington Street, will involve the adaptive reuse of three historic buildings that will showcase sustainable best practices in land use, energy, and transportation.
- Innovation Center Annex – private sector growth and a business accelerator, being developed by the BNMC, Inc., opening fall 2014
- Conventus (medical office, research, and clinical care facility), anchor tenants include Kaleida Health’s Ambulatory Surgery Center & UBMD, as well as private-sector companies AMRI and Perkin Elmer , opening in Spring 2015.
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute’s Clinical Sciences Center – construction for the new 11-story Clinical Sciences Center is underway & expected to open in 2016.
- UB’s School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences– broke ground on October 15, 2013 & is set to open in Fall 2016
- Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo – the new John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital expected completion in early 2017.