Free Reddy Bikeshare Memberships for Frontline Employees
Employees who work on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus can redeem a FREE annual pass to Reddy Bikeshare, courtesy of GOBNMC. New Reddy Bikeshare members can start by registering today at this link: Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Employee Annual Pass.
Members pay an additional $0.01/ minute to ride and must be 18 years of age or older. Employees must sign up using their work email address and a have a valid debit or credit card. Please note that parking fees and fines may still occur. The parking fee is $2.00 to end your trip anywhere outside of a Reddy Bikeshare station or free parking zone. End your trip at any other Reddy Bikeshare station at no extra cost.
The pass will allow you access to any one of 385 bikes in Buffalo and Niagara Falls, 24/7, April – mid November.
- Download the Social Bicycles wp-content and use it to locate bikes, or simply walk up to one and enter your account number and PIN. Unlock the bike, place the U-lock in the holster and ride! You can lock the bike to any other Reddy station, public bike rack, or secure public infrastructure at the end of your trip.
- The seat adjusts to your height, and there are three gears on your right handle and a bell on your left, use them!
- Press the “HOLD” button on the bike’s keypad before locking the bike in order to keep your bike reserved while you make stops along your trip.
- Find Bounty Bikes to accrue credit. When you find a Reddy bike outside of a station, bring it back to a station for us and receive $1.00 in riding credit.
Reddy Bikeshare is considered an essential service as a valuable transportation provider under Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s “New York on PAUSE” executive order and is available for users for essential travel only.
Reddy Fleet Team has increased bike cleaning and sanitation procedures.
Frequently touched surfaces like hand-grips, brake lever, seat and seat lever, U-locks and keypad, are undergoing more rigorous cleaning and disinfecting. Each bike is cleaned at least twice per week. Our Team is also taking additional precautions by wearing gloves and facial covers while they interact with bikes.
Hand Sanitizer Available
Courtesy of Independent Health, bikes are equipped with hand sanitizer for each rider to use before and after their trip, while supplies last.
Follow CDC and WHO recommended guidelines to stay safe and healthy.
While we will certainly do our best to disinfect bikes frequently, everyone should do their part to stay safe and healthy. Here’s some guidelines that have been recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer
- Provide your own personal cleaning and disinfecting measures as you see fit
- Wear gloves to add an additional layer of protection, but remember to wash your hands before and after putting gloves on
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Avoid touching your face without first washing your hands
- Avoid close contact with others
Sign Up for BNMC’s Secure Bike Parking & Discounted GObike Buffalo Memberships
It’s the perfect time to ride! Don’t forget that the BNMC has two indoor secure bike parking locations on the Medical Campus – one at the 854 Ellicott St. parking garage and the other at Ellicott & Virginia Streets. The best part – we’re partnering with GObike Buffalo to offer you discounted memberships through the end of the summer using promo code 2020GOBNMC50. Sign up today at gobikebuffalo.org and be sure to select BNMC individual membership.
- BNMC Individual Membership includes member-only access to secure bike parking at 854 Ellicott and Ellicott & Virginia Streets.
- The discount cuts the BNMC Individual Membership price in half to $17.50.
- The bike parking membership includes all of GObike’s general membership perks. All information for membership perks can be found here.