Thomas R. Beecher Innovation Center Adds Offices to dig Cowork Space
Six private offices added to accommodate start up growth on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
Buffalo, N.Y., March 11, 2016 – The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus recently completed the build-out and leasing of six new, private offices in its dig cowork and event space at the Thomas R. Beecher Jr. Innovation Center to accommodate growing demand for workspace from the start-up community. The six offices have been built within the 6,000 square foot space on the first floor of the Innovation Center, Buffalo’s largest business incubator that houses start-up and emerging companies, as well as the businesses that provide services to them. The Innovation Center serves more than 100 companies and nearly 500 employees.
The six companies leasing the new offices represent a combination of those moving up from coworking at dig to more permanent office space, as well as new companies joining the Innovation Center community. Those leasing the new offices include:
- Girls Education Collaborative supports and promotes the efforts of local communities in developing countries to improve educational opportunities for girls. The non-profit had been located in the Suites at the Innovation Center and will now have expanded office space in the new dig offices.
- JMS Technical Solutions, Inc. a former dig member, is an international technology consulting and staffing firm.
- Norris Clifton Creative, also a former dig member, is a boutique-marketing group offering advertising, marketing, branding & identity, web services and photography.
- A former dig member, The Parson Group, LLC is the parent company with subsidiaries in the fields of Philanthropy and Social Engagement (The Black Diamond Society™), Educational Training and Development (The AppleTree Agency™) and Mobile Application Development (HIPPO™).
- Tipping Point Communications expanded beyond its Rochester headquarters to Buffalo and offers marketing, public relations and digital media services.
- 911Flex, LLC (formerly 911Next) brokers public safety and national security products and services and was a dig member previously. The company shares the office space with Plur-al-ity Press, which aspires to be the lead generator of sophisticated thought-images advancing how both image and language are consumed and created while assisting writers in deepening their craft.
According to Vic Nole, Director of Business Development for the BNMC Inc., “We recognized that there was a growing demand from dig members whose companies were maturing and had a need for more permanent and private office space. We see this as an indication of a very healthy entrepreneurial environment as companies realize success and have a need for greater resources to continue to grow their businesses. We are more than happy to be able to accommodate those needs with these new offices.”
The office are designed to accommodate one to four individuals and are constructed with clear glass walls and doors, providing users privacy when necessary but an open feel in the midst of the dig environment. Lease agreements are month-to- month, providing young companies flexibility as they continue to grow. Amenities include a fully operational set up for tenants including Internet, telephone and print/copy services as well as access to the events and services offered by the Innovation Center.
About the Innovation Center
The LEED-certified Innovation Center opened in 2010 with two tenants and is designed to accommodate small and mid-size companies seeking office, wet lab and/or research space, on a month-to-month basis or via longer-term leases. Owned and operated by BNMC Inc., the facility is designed as a “plug ‘n play” set-up whereby tenants enjoy a fully operational office setting without having to handle office and facilities issues such as phone, Internet and other services. The Innovation Center also includes the recently opened Learn at the Innovation Center, designed as classroom space for educational programs and dig, its co-work space. The Innovation Center serves as the physical location BNMC Inc.’s business development program, that actively identifies and evaluates new business opportunities, educates and provides mentorship to entrepreneurs, and creates, incubates, and grows new companies in Buffalo.
About the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, Inc. (BNMC Inc.)
The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, Inc. (BNMC Inc.) is a self-sustaining social enterprise successfully combining innovation, job creation, and urban revitalization. It serves as the umbrella organization of the anchor institutions that make up the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus located within the 120-acre campus bordering Allentown, the Fruit Belt and Downtown. The BNMC Inc. fosters conversation and collaboration among its member institutions, its partners and the community to address critical issues impacting them, including entrepreneurship, energy, access and transportation, workforce and procurement, neighborhoods, and healthy communities, with the goal of increasing economic development and building a strong community. bnmc.org.