Getting Around the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
Parking and Transportation Options on Campus
There are a variety of ways to access the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and its institutions. See the map below for directions to institutions on Campus, parking information, electric vehicle charging stations locations, and the NFTA metro rail. In addition to our parking lots and garages, valet is available at Buffalo General Medical Center, Conventus, Gates Vascular Institute and Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. There is also plenty of street parking on Ellicott, High, Carlton, Goodrich, and Elm streets. View this map or see our directions below to help you navigate around Campus.
If you are an employee on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, visit GO BNMC for all the parking and transportation options available, including Reddy Bikeshare, Zipcar, protected bike storage and priority carpool parking around Campus.
We recently launched the Discovery & Link shuttles, allowing worry-free transportation for employees from their car to their destination. With the temperatures regularly below freezing this winter, our shuttles eliminate cold, snowy walks and provide (car) door-to- (workplace) door service! The Discovery shuttle route goes around the BNMC, stopping at Conventus, UB Jacobs School of Medicine, Oishei Children’s Hospital, Buffalo Medical Group, Allen/Medical Campus NFTA station, and parking lots at 1145 Main Street, 980 Ellicott Street and 589 Ellicott Street. The Link shuttle runs from the Gallagher Lot at the old Children’s Hospital to the new Oishei Children’s Hospital and the UB Jacobs School of Medicine. The schedule for both shuttles is located here.
Directions to Campus
The Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus is located in downtown Buffalo, NY, and is bordered by East North Street to Goodell Street, and Main Street to Michigan Avenue.
From Route 33 West (Kensington Expressway):
Exit at Goodell Street. The campus will be on your right.
From I-190 North/I-190 South:
Exit at Elm Street and proceed to Goodell Street. The campus will be straight ahead.
(Elm Street ends at Goodell Street. You must turn left.)
From the Skyway:
Take the first exit to I-190 South and exit immediately at Elm Street. Follow above directions.
Take Peace Bridge Plaza to I-190 South. Make left onto Porter Avenue and follow circle to North Street down to Main Street.
- 1001 Main St. - Patients & visitors of Conventus
- 134 High St. - Patients and visitors of Buffalo General Medical Center and Gates Vascular Institute
- 140 Carlton St. - Patients & visitors of Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- 33 High St. - Patients and visitors of Buffalo General Hospital
- 589 Ellicott St. - Visitors of the Innovation Center
- 85 High St. - Patients and visitors of Buffalo Medical Group
- Allen/Medical Campus Metro Rail Station
- Biosciences Incubator
- Buffalo General Medical Center
- Buffalo Hearing & Speech Center
- Buffalo Manufacturing Works/ZeptoMetrix
- Buffalo Medical Group
- dig at the Innovation Center
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Gates Vascular Institute
- Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute
- HighPointe on Michigan
- Innovation Center
- Kevin Guest House
- Oishei Children’s Hospital (Opening Fall 2017)
- Olmsted Center for Sight/Ross Eye Institute
- Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Summer/Best Metro Station
- UB Downtown Gateway
- UB Educational Opportunity Center
- UB Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (Opening Fall 2017)
- UB NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences
- UB Research Institute on Addictions