BNMC Welcomed 450 People at 5th Annual Student Open House!
On Saturday, April 13th, we welcomed more than 450 people to the Campus for our 5thAnnual BNMC Student Open House! Attendees participated in a myriad of hands-on STEM activities, experienced behind-the-scene tours of our state-of-the-art facilities, and learned about career opportunities on the Medial Campus. We are thankful for our partners who participated in the event including, UB’s NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences, Hauptman-Woodward Institute, Jacobs Institute, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Oishei Children’s Hospital, Unyts, theCoderSchool Buffalo, UB Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, and UBMD Physicians’ Group. Several construction industry professionals and trades associations also joined us for the day.
Some of the activities highlighted:
- Scrubbing into laparoscopic surgery using the LapSim Virtual Training sustem at Roswell Park’s ATLAS Lab.
- Observing the process of preparing a kidney for transplant at Unyts
- Touring a new 800 sq. ft. operating room at Oishei Children’s Hospital (bunny suits and all!)
- Working alongside lab technicians and medical residents on laparoscopic trainers, orthopedic FAS simulators, and suturing at the UB Jacobs School of Medicine.
- Learning about crystals and how they are formed and used to study diseases at Hauptman-Woodward Institute
- Trying your skills at bio-art at UB’s NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences
And so much more! Check out the event photo album on Facebook to see it all.