RSVP Today for Our 4th Annual Student Open House!
Saturday, April 21, 2018
7th-12th graders accompanied by an adult.
Start your exploration of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus by registering and picking up your program in the Innovation Center lobby, 640 Ellicott St. Free parking is available across the street.
This free, half-day event invites students in 7-12th grade, along with an accompanying adult, to tour state-of-the-art Campus facilities and experience hands-on STEM activities at each site.
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from experts at Buffalo Manufacturing Works, Hauptman-Woodward Institute, the Jacobs Institute, Oishei Children’s Hospital, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, UB Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, UB NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, and Unyts.
- Test drive the Robotic Surgery Simulator
- See an active research laboratory
- Try on a pair of Cinemavision googles
- See where more than 50 simulation scenarios take place
- Watch a pre-recorded surgery
- Learn about crystals and how they are formed and used to study diseases
- See robotic demonstrations and 3D printers in action
- Try your skills at bio-art
- Take a turn as a virtual welder
And much more!